Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day after election day prayer

Dear Holy, Sovereign,beautiful God...
I praise you this morning for who you are and how much you love your people.I thank you that you do what is best for your children even when we don't know it or acknowledge it.You are so loving and gracious and just.I pray for our President that you would move the heart of this King.That you would change his heart where it does not match up with yours in such a radical and life changing way that he or his family will never be the same again.I pray for his wife and beautiful children that you would save their Daddy.Show him your power and love for them.Show them their sin and transform like only you can.I pray also for us as your people,that you would forgive us for fearing and forgive us for doubting you when we are so richly blessed.I pray that you show us our sin so we can ask for forgiveness because we are sometimes blinded by the world and the enemy.You alone are my rock and my salvation,you alone are my defense,I SHALL NOT BE GREATLY MOVED!!!!
In Christs name-Amen